The AOCA has represented the fast lube industry since 1987. Association membership is open to owners and operators of fast lube centers, as well as suppliers and distributors to the industry. No matter your experience level, joining AOCA is a smart move for your business. The bottom line is that AOCA is the one-stop resource for the fast lube industry.
By becoming a member of the AOCA, you will enroll in the only organization that exclusively represents the fast lube industry—with more than 500 member companies and 3,500 quick lube centers, which purchase over $1 billion in goods and services annually. Imagine the support and advice you'll receive from peers and industry experts as a result of your AOCA connection!
AOCA specific member benefits include:
Ensuring the Fast Lube Industry Stays Competitive - Your Dues at Work
Corporations, private citizens, trade groups, and government regulators regularly pursue their interests over yours by utilizing the intricate network of state and federal laws and lawmakers. They don’t need your approval to change your life or livelihood—they proceed unless stopped. Only AOCA defends the fast lube industry against this constant threat of over-regulation and anti-competitive behavior. From lobbying and negotiating to compliance alerts and industry guidance, AOCA stays on top of the issues that matter most to you. For more information on the liability prevention and costs savings associated with AOCA Advocacy, click here.
- OEM Propriety Product Schemes
- Negative OEM Statements & Warranty Language
- TPMS Regulation
- SPCC and Stormwater Regulation
- Used Oil Fees
- Right To Repair
- OSHA Regulation
- New Vehicle Technology
- Outrageous Bank Fees for Credit Card Processing
Management & Technical Tools
AOCA provides its member's a variety of management and technical tools at no cost, including:
- Driveline Service Interval Chart
- Engine Oil Drain Plug Torque Chart
- Job Description & Orientation Checklists
- Employee Handbook Template
- Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) Small Facility Model Plan
- Fast Lube Procedures Manual Template
- Safety & Regulatory Compliance Guide
- Fast Lube Superfund Defense Kit
Additional benefits provided to members at a cost savings include:
- Garage Keeper’s Liability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- HR Solutions
- Mystery Shopping Program
AOCA provides a platform for individuals to share their technical tips in turn saving our members a tremendous amount of time and money. With a membership in AOCA, the solutions to your problems are right at your fingertips.
- AOCA Talk is an email-based Q&A system where members can post a question that is then sent to all of our other participants. The answer is also routed to the entire group.
- Get in contact with a wide variety of specialists by calling our Technical Hotline. The hotline is a great resource to answer any of your emergency questions.
AOCA has partnered with PISTN: Marketing Accelerated, a one-stop agency working with Oil Change, Auto Repair and Tire Centers looking to upgrade their website and online marketing presence. Services they provide include: SEO, website & mobile optimization, reputation management, social media management, email & text marketing, local listing claim & search and more. Click here for more information.
Service awareness promotional tools such as Street Smart service guide brochures, service promotion posters and other consumer education tools are available at a discount for members. The member store locator also drives customers to your shop.
AOCA provides a variety of ways to get in contact with other industry individuals by phone, email or face-to-face.
- As a fast lube operator, whether you are new to the industry or have been around a while, you may be searching for ideas, answers, or guidance about all kinds of issues that you face. By participating in our Mentoring Program, you will be matched one-to-one with a veteran AOCA member who can fill that advisory role.
- You may get in contact with other AOCA members by accessing our member-only Membership Directory.
- Another great way to network is with committee involvement. Become a part of the Convention, Membership, Government Relations or Education in order to help shape YOUR association. Committees provide guidance and strategic direction input to the AOCA Board of Directors on a variety of topics and issues.
- Meet with members face-to-face by attending the annual iFLEX – International Fast Lube Expo presented by AOCA. This premier event provides numerous educational offerings you can’t get anywhere else. The Expo includes over 90 vendors from all sectors within the industry.
Education - Certification
AOCA is exploding with opportunities for training and education at all levels of employment. Such educational opportunities include:
- The Technician Academy is available through online training. This certification course provides the training your employees need to keep your customers coming back. This engaging online program is presented in short segments with pictures, diagrams and sounds. Topics covered include customer service, safety, products and services, and the roles and responsibilities of the hood technician, lube technician, the courtesy technician, and the greeter/service writer.
- The Management Certification Course is a two-day seminar that will shape your managers into service professionals who can run your day-to-day operations just the way you would. A must for any shop manager!
- iFLEX session recordings are available so you can bring back the education you learned at iFLEX and share it with the rest of your colleagues. Recordings are a flexible training tool that can fit any schedule.
- AOCA also offers a variety of training videos, including the popular tools, "Safety Is No Accident" and "Presenting Your Services".
AOCA membership includes the monthly e-newsletter You Auto Know which features industry information that will keep you up-to-date on trends and breaking news in the industry.
Download the Operator Member Application
Not quite ready to join, but want more information? Click here to receive a prospect kit.