AOCA Talk
Moderator(s): AOCA
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Selling drive train fluid checks as an additional service. 0 Midas Of Kalkaska I recently became aware that my staff in my quick lube is under the false impression that if a driveline fluid check/fill plug is difficult or impossible to access, it is Ok to not check the fluid and maybe we will advise the customer that it did not get checked, but mostly not. We are in the process of rebuilding our process for driveline fluid checks and customer advisement and I am wondering how others are handling this situation. I am also curious about how folks are going about checking some of these, even if it is sold as a separate service. I did some research last week on special tools, expecting to find a host of them available and basically found none designed to assist with close quarters situations. In many cases i can see it is simply a 3/8 square drive, but getting something on the plug and being able to turn it, let alone actually getting fluid to the location seems to require something other than standard fluid equipment and a ratchet. I did see reference of grinding down 3/8" breaker bar, but hand access in some cases seems unlikely. Today's car was a 2013 Taurus AWD. The PTU unit at the trans would be difficult at best with a hot engine and the rear diff plug was visible through the exhaust y-pipe, but actually checking and filling looked very difficult, if possible at all, without disassembly. Last week it was a Ford Escape rear diff. Any tips are appreciated
by Midas Of Kalkaska
Monday, October 14, 2019
Oil/Chemical Spend, Bonus Incentives 4 Mr. Detail Drive Thru Oil Change We have a monthly and quarterly bonus. The monthly bonus is 10% of add on sales to the shop split between those on the program. The quarterly is net profit percentage over the prior year. That bonus kicks in starting at 3% over and goes up from there. Hope that helps if not I can explain in further detail.
by Shell Rapid Lube
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
Charging an Environment or Disposal Fee 1 E-Z Oil Change & Lube I can't answer the question specific to the laws of Texas. You would have thought it would have been covered in the environmental guide attachment. The second attachment might offer some enlightenment. I also thought this was well written: Where does it cross the line As a matter of integrity and good business practice, you never want to charge something for nothing. What’s more, the environmental fee is typically meant to make the shop whole on real costs, not be a profit center. There may also be laws and regulations in your area that govern charging environmental fees. Ultimately it is up to you to make the right call.
by Midas Of Kalkaska
Thursday, October 3, 2019
Where Do You Want To See AOCA Management Courses In 2020? 2 AOCA Dallas. Have a couple of managers that will be there if you do it againo
by Mango Chase, llc
Monday, September 23, 2019
AOCA TRAINING 0 Mango Chase, llc Manager training in Dallas this year was awesome. Kevin is a great instructor. Definitely recommend it to all owners & managers. Full of good information to help increase volume & keep you in compliance with the regulations
by Mango Chase, llc
Monday, September 23, 2019
Earn A $100 Amazon Gift Card For Every New Member Referral 0 AOCA HOW DOES IT WORK? It’s simple – Just refer new members to AOCA. Be sure the referred member lists your name or company name in the “Referred By” box when registering for membership online. We also encourage you to contact AOCA staff at info@aoca.org to ensure you are credited with the referral. You will then be mailed a $100 Amazon gift card. AN EXTRA INCENTIVE FOR VENDORS Are you a vendor member of AOCA and an ambassador for the association and the industry? AOCA’s Vendor Cup contest is your opportunity to be acknowledged for your dedication to increasing AOCA membership, which in turn supports our industry through increased engagement. Not only will vendor members receive a $100 Amazon gift card for every referral, but they will also be entered into the running of the Vendor Cup. Questions? Contact our office at info@aoca.org or (800) 230-0702.
by AOCA
Thursday, August 29, 2019
Automatic tire inflators 1 Jiffy Lube We are using Branick. We have used these for several years and really like them.
by Shell Rapid Lube
Friday, August 9, 2019
employees and car counts 0 Foothill Carwash Lube & Oil Ctr. Has oil change volume been increasing or decreasing for you over the last several years? What has been your most successful recruiting method? Is it just me or do you all have a problem with 9 out of 10 people you recruit online not showing up for their interview and most that do not showing up for their 1st day of work?
by Foothill Carwash Lube & Oil Ctr.
Monday, August 5, 2019
Welcome To The New AOCA Talk! 0 AOCA AOCA Talk is now integrated into AOCA's website and your online member account. Click on "+ New Thread" to start a new discussion. If you need any support, don't hesitate to reach out at (800) 230-0702 or info@aoca.org.
by AOCA
Monday, August 5, 2019